Welcome to Indy Saves
Are you in control of your money or is your money in control of you?
- Are you stressed by money? One in four employees is financially distressed.
- Do you dread opening the credit card statements each month? As of 2/10 the average household credit card debt was $9,858.
- Do you think it’s only a dream that you could pay off all your credit card debt? Check out https://powerpay.org
- Do you have an emergency fund with between $500 and $1000? New research shows that most emergencies can be handled with between $500 and $1000!
Join Indy Saves
Join to learn how you have set a goal, make a plan, and save/reduce debt automatically!
Indy Saves Partners
If you would like to become an Indy Saves Partner, submit the form below and in turn, Indy Saves Campaign will list your organization as one of our partners on the Indy Saves Website with a link to your organizations website.
As an Indy Saves Partner, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Set yearly Saver enrollment goals.
- Engage in planning and implementing Indy Saves within your organization with your clients or customers.
- Promote setting a savings goal or a debt reduction goal with your clients, customers, or class participants and enrolling in Indy Saves at www.indysaves.org
- Participate in America Saves Week (eighth week of year)
Featured Indy Saver
In 2004, Tonya Shelton was facing financial ruin. Barely making more than minimum wage and having lost her home due to an unexpected family crisis she and her family were forced to live in a rundown hotel. Tonya’s future seemed bleak. However, armed with a burning desire to make life better for her family, help from Purdue Extension’s Making Your Money Work financial literacy program, and a savings plan; Tonya began her journey to become a good steward over the money she did have.
Tonya believes that people with limited or very low incomes often feel they have nothing to save. She knows personally, that nothing is further from the truth. Tonya became an Indy Saver by setting a goal to save $10 a week for an emergency fund.
Indy Youth Saves
Everyone, young and old alike, can benefit from making savings a habit, and Indy Youth Saves can help! Savers who enroll online create their own savings plan by setting a monthly savings goal, as little as $5 and then try to save that amount each month. Saving money on a regular basis means that you are ready for what the future brings. The money will be there when you need it-- whether it’s for a new outfit, a trip to the movies, or starting a college career. So enroll in Indy Youth Saves, create your savings plan, and start saving today! Click here to learn more: http://www.americasaves.org/youth/